Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Transgender-Specific Self Defense course to be tought in Colorado

Hi all!
This just in,

So a good friend of mine,
Tom Luxx Has called me the other day and has offered to teach a Transgender-specific self defense intensive.

Tom has been studying and teaching martial arts for over 15 years.

He curretly teaches, in addition to his regular Martial arts classes, a womens self defense course.

Talking to him one night at pub, I mentiond how one of the problems for members of our community was being attacked, and being somewhat more vunerable after and during transition.

I honestly didn't realize that somthing would come of that, so it was a pleasant suprise, when cathing up on things earlier this evening that he mentioned that he wanted to offer a Transgender-Specific self defense class.

I thought it was a great idea, so we will be back in touch very soon with the particulars.

I thought I'd go ahead and start spreading it arround as he is already working on the flyers.

It will be on Saturday, March 29'th, and will likely be an all day intensive.
There may be a second day offered on the following weekend depending on the demand and popularity.
He has said that he is willing to do it even if only two people want to show up.

Tom, has said that this will be a self defense course and not a martial arts class.

The emphasis on the most practical, useful techniques for getting of an attack and dealing with an attacker.

I am very glad for Tom's willingness to support our community and I will glad to support him all I can in his endeavor.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to contact me.
Sara M

I will post updates as more information becomes available.